Thursday, June 12, 2008

R.I.P "Vidkun"



Oregon is clearly not the place for my RV. After one week of "top notch" riding in beautiful, but "glossy" Sun Valley, I drove Håvard to Salt Lake City airport and headed north. I`ve been paying attention to the ratteling piston bearing the whole trip without noticing any increasing damage. Just when i was thinking; "hell yeah!! It`s gonna make it to Whistler", the ratteling suddenly became really violent. The engine boiled, died and just barely made it to the nearest truckstop. (fortunately at the bottom of a big hill)

The place was 40 miles west of the OR/ID border, and had the catchy name "Farewell Bend". And this was really a just name. The kind owner of the small service center agreed to claim ownership of the piece of junk for a formality amount of 1 USD and a 90 mile ride back to Boise Airport. Here, I payed a fortune, and picked up a 2008 Chevrolet Malibu rental at Hertz. Not exactly a American "muscle car", like I wanted. But it is still pretty sturdy, really comfy and is hauling some serious @ss down the interstate. Too bad that all the radio channels either plays Hillbilly countrymusic or Christian Rock. "Welcome to FM 99,9! Your number one provider of the best Christian Rock around. Let`s you praise the Lord while you drive".


Anyway.... I`m off to whistler. Hoping to be there by Saturday. Will be so nice to sleep in a real bed, with clean floor and a shower. My RV might not be "the last frontier ever", (saw a similar one in Arizona). But it is DEFINENTLY my last frontier ever!


P.s: (Håvard) I found almost 7 dollars worth of quarters and nickles lying around in cupboards, droors and the floor:)


Keep it country!


Pictures: "R.I.P Vidkun" and me pedaling my guts out at the swooping singletrack in Sun Valley.

No comments: